Keeping things weird here in Austin, TX, The Guild is a fresh hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the trimmings of a swanky hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel and one-part your hipster cousin who introduces you to that East Side food truck that serves up the tastiest lobster tacos this side of Bangor, Maine.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised a few bucks from strategic angels, grown sales 26% month-over-month and posted some downright glorious profit margins. Far more importantly, with a net promoter score of 86 (yes, you heard that correctly), our customers love what we’re throwing down.
Our guest-first mentality is infused into everything we do, and we strive to be local, thoughtful, and comprehensive when it comes to delivering great service to our guests. We are looking for an experienced hospitality professional that can help us grow! The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years experience in a management role in Luxury or Boutique hotels.
• Manage and track guest service and front desk operations
• Coordinate operations between the front desk and field operations
• Help develop new processes and procedures in a fast-changing environment
• Provide mentoring, coaching, and feedback to team members
The Guild is a fast-growing and constantly changing environment. We are metrics and process focused and are looking for a team member that can help us continue to build out a professional and guest-focused Front Desk operation.
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
• Entrepreneurial and driven to lead and grow
• Demonstrated experience with rolling out new technology within a hospitality environment
• Experienced in developing processes and procedures
• Strong leadership skills - especially empathy and patience
• You're bi-lingual (specifically, you know Spanish)
• You have a good sense of humor & can laugh things off easily
• You have a love for records - maybe even your own collection that you're willing to share
• You make a mean batch of (glutenous) chocolate chip cookies; you're willing to make a gluten-free batch for our "gluten-sensitive" team members
We're a tight-knit group who cares about our guests. We like to work our asses off. We believe in work-life balance and we make work a fun environment you want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say NO to politics, drama, and traditional resumes!