- the low-down -
Welcome to The Guild. We're looking for night owls to help during our 4pm - Midnight shifts. We're a tight-knit group who cares about our guests. We don't like being called a "hotel" because we aren't one. We're a new concept in hospitality urging business and leisure travelers to become a part of their neighborhood and live like a local. We provide comfortable, modern spaces for visitors to rest their heads and a rad team behind the curtains to help resolve any and all issues guests might come across. Ultimately, we want our guests to feel like they're at home.
You'll be spending most of your time with the Front Office Team. These gorgeous people are organized, multi-tasking magicians. They're fun-loving, witty, and empathetic. They are constantly putting out fires and handle between 3 and 8 guests at any given time.
- your role -
We're looking for well-rounded hospitality professionals who can handle virtual arrival experiences, think outside the box, control rooms, and dispatch field operations.
• Effectively communicate with guests on multiple platforms (phone, email, text messaging)
• Be able to suggest Austin favorites and local hot spots (concierge knowledge a plus)
• Have a knowledge of rooms control
• Problem-solve efficiently when a guest comes to you with an issue
• Schedule housekeeping
• Out of house ordering
• Communicate and dispatch Field Ops
• Use ever-changing technologies (Nexia, Slack, Web Rez Pro, Trust You)
• Be able to roll with the punches and embrace change
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
• You have a great sense of humor and laugh things off easily
• You have an "up-for-anything" personality
• You want to make friends with everyone: you see each one of our guests as a new opportunity to wow & surprise someone
• You're a local
• You're a foodie
• You can pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time
• Competitive cash comp. The only ramen consumed by our team members is the trendy variety that's served with seaweed and a soft boiled egg
• If it's a good fit, your comp can be tax-efficiently supplemented with subsidized housing at one of our stylishly-appointed flats
• Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Friday morning all-hands
- your team -
Beyond that, we're a group of people who like to work our asses off. We're not super concerned about work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say NO to politics, drama, and traditional resumes!